...

...

Samstag, 28. Januar 2012

My Favorite Humphrey Bogart Films

As we wrap up this month of all things Humphrey Bogart, I made a list of  my favorite films of Mr. Bogart.
So here they are, counting down from 1 to 10.

1. THE BIG SLEEP (1946) Hands down my favorite Bogart film! EVER!

2. HIGH SIERRA (1941) Classic film noir with Bogie at his best.

3. THE PETRIFIED FOREST (1936) Bogie owns this film from the moment he walks onto the screen.

4. TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT (1944) The first pairing with him and Lauren Bacall. Pure movie magic!

5. THEY DRIVE BY NIGHT (1940) Great film with a great cast in Bogie, George Raft, Ida Lupino, and
Ann Sheridan.

6. THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE (1948) Classic film during Bogie's late phase.

7. SABRINA (1954) Hey a change of page for Mr. Bogart in this pleasing comedy. Love it.

8. DARK PASSAGE (1947) The third pairing of Bogart and Bacall is another winner.

9. KEY LARGO (1948) The final film that Bogart and Bacall did together has the couple go out on a high note.

10. THE CAINE MUTINY (1954) Bogart gives a memorable performance in this great dramatic film.

So there you have it. My ten favorite Bogart films. You may ask, where is Casablanca. While I do like the film, I don't hold it in high regard as Bogie's other films. If I made a top 20 list, I would say Casablanca would probably be number 11 or 12.

Thank our lucky stars

Monty

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen