...

...

Samstag, 11. Februar 2012

Let's watch... I LOVE YOU, MAN (2009)

OK, I know me and Irene usually write about classic stars and movies but every now and then it's nice to write about some modern films. Since February is all about romantic movies, I wanted to write about one of the funniest ones I have seen in recent years: I Love You, Man.


Hilarious comedy about real estate agent Peter (Paul Rudd) proposing to his girlfriend Zooey (Rashida Jones) and then realizing he has no male friends to be his best man. So Peter goes through a series of man dates set up by his mom and brother but to no avail. Along comes Sydney Fife (Jason Segel) who doesn't actually appear until about 30 minutes into the movie, but once he does Segel gives the movie a nice kick and the laughs become more frequent and hilarious. I really loved this movie. A kind of laid back story with several engaging characters and wonderful performances. The three leads are all great and work well together Paul Rudd is likable and goofy; Jason Segel comes across as aloof but actually makes a lot of sense and Rashida Jones is a revelation as she makes Zooey smart and sexy. The supporting cast is also super including Jamie Pressly and Jon Favreau as a bickering married couple; JK Simmons as Peter's dad; Andy Samberg as Peter's brother; Sarah Burns as Zooey's best friend Hailey and a dry but funny cameo by The Incredible Hulk himself, Lou Ferringo. I love You, Man is a sweet sometimes raunchy, but enjoyable comedy. For couples, singles, men or women. Everyone will enjoy this one. Also RUSH appears for a brief scene and they rock! AWESOME! I'm slapping da bass man. You have to see the movie to get that quote. I'll just say Paul Rudd had me laughing when he says it like 20 times.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Denise: Oh my God, Hailey, why must everything always be about you? Hailey: Because I'm single.
Zooey and Peter

Sydney and Peter

The trio playing some golf


Sydney and Peter taking a stroll on the board walk

Zooey

Denise, Zooey and Hailey

Sydney

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BlfIyqSKAEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen