...

...

Montag, 19. März 2012

My apologies...



I had written a nice little post about Gene Tierney. Well just some facts about her and for whatever reason Blogger was acting crappy and showed everything I wrote in highlights. I tried to edit it and it kept coming up as the same horrid typeface. Irked me big time. And I was getting tired and cranky because it wouldn't let me do what I wanted to do. So I said forget it and just thought about winging it. Just doing a post on why I love Gene Tierney. So here goes. Now while I may not have seen a lot of her movies, the ones I have seen, she is amazing. And I'm not just talking about her physical beauty, which is stunning to say the least. But her acting ability was never given a fair shake I think. To those who think Gene can't act, I say check her out in The Razor's Edge (which I finally saw for the very first time a few weeks ago) or Leave Her To Heaven (which I think is the first time I saw Gene in a film...back during the AMC days when I was watching and recording everything on VHS). Oh and let's not forget about The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. This may be my favorite performance of Gene. She is determined and very witty. I love her in this film. I know some classic film and star fans may not put Gene in the upper tier rankings with Bette, Katharine, Ingrid or others but I do think she can be mentioned in the company of those aforementioned women. Well I will talk about her. And let everyone know she is one of my favorites. Ok, that's my little post about Gene. Like I said nothing too fancy just something I wanted to say. Thanks for listening. And on with the show!

Count our lucky stars

Monty

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen